The HouseCharlotte program provides 5-year,10-year, or 15-year deferred, forgivable loans to qualified applicants. Funds can be used for downpayment, closing cost or interest rate buy down.
- Funding up to $7,500 for families with income above 80% Area Median Income (AMI), up to 110% AMI in certain locations.
- Funding up to $10,000 for families with income at or below 80% AMI
- Funding up to $10,000 for Public Service Employees with household income at or below 80% AMI purchasing within Charlotte City limits.
- Funding up to $17,000 for families with income at or below 80% AMI in select high cost Neighborhood Profile Areas.
- Families with incomes that are 110% or less of the HUD AMI are eligible for assistance.
- Participants must complete a pre-purchase homebuyer education program.
- The home must be a family's primary residence and be located in one of designated within the City of Charlotte limits.
- Maximum purchase price of home is
Maximum purchase price is $230,000 for New Construction properties
For more information, visit HouseCharlotteProgram.com, call 704-705-3999 or email HouseCharlotte@cmhp.org.
Learn more about the HouseCharlotte Program at www.housecharlotteprogram.com.
Community Heroes Homeownership Program
The City of Charlotte, in partnership with Federal Home Loan Bank of Atlanta, is proud to offer the Community Heroes Homeownership Program, a program for local first responders and public school teachers that will provide them with up to $30,000 in down payment assistance for the purchase of a home in Mecklenburg County.
ELIGIBLE BUYERS INCLUDE:
- Law enforcement officers
- Other first responders (MEDIC, EMT, etc.)
- Public School Teachers
*Eligible buyers must have household incomes of 80.01% - 120% of the Area Median Income.
Applications will open November 18, 2019. For more information, visit housecharlotteprogram.com or call 704-705-3999.
For General Program Information, Loan Submission Process and Requirements
The Housing Partnership HouseCharlotte Team
For Lender Registration and Post Closing Account Services
Housing & Neighborhood Services
This effort aligns with The Community Letter - Charlotte City Council's adopted actions in response to the community. Visit: