Resources for Landscape Contractors

Your one-stop resource for licensing, certification and how to do business with the City of Charlotte

Let's Get Started!

A step-by-step guide to doing business with the City of Charlotte

Step 1: Get Registered

Become a registered vendor with the city.

Fill out an IRS W9 form.

Return completed forms to Vendor Administration

Or mail them to:

City of Charlotte, c/o Vendor Administrator
General Services - City Procurement
600 East 4th Street, 9th floor
Charlotte, NC 28202-2850

Questions? Call 704.432.4777

Step 2: Get SBE- or MWBE-Certified

Step 4: Get Additional Licenses or Certifications, Depending on the Job

NC pesticide license (for aquatics, turf & ornamental and rights-of-way) from the North Carolina Department of Agriculture and Consumer Service

NC irrigation license from the North Carolina Irrigation Contractor's Licensing Board 

NC trapping license from the North Carolina Wildlife Resources Commission

Arborist Certification from the International Society of Arboriculture

Step 5: Review Available Contracting Opportunities

Step 5: Review Available Contracting Opportunities

Doing Business with the City
Contracting opportunities across the entire City, including General Services, Storm Water Services, CATS, Airport, Charlotte Water and other departments, as well as other resources for contractors

North Carolina Interactive Purchasing System
Contracting opportunities across the state of North Carolina


Additional Resources

Licensing and Other Vendor Requirements


Other Requirements


Professional Organizations