To notify the general public passing through the area of your route, event notification signs are to be placed along the route 3 to 5 days before the event. The specifications for the signs are as follows:
SIZE AND CONSTRUCTION
- Minimum size for the sign is 12” by 18”
- Minimum size for the main message lettering is 2 inches
- The color should be bright with contrasting lettering
- The sign must be weatherproof
- The sign must be free standing
- The main message should convey the type of event and day “Race Saturday”.
- The sign should have contact information with a phone number or website.
- Content should be limited to basic information with a 3 line maximum.
- The signs may use arrows to mark the course.
- The sign may be generic or specific to the event.
PLACEMENT & TIMEFRAME
- Sign placement on the shoulder not closer than 3 feet from the road
- Signs should be on every block or 500 feet whichever is less.
- Signs will be placed between 3 and 6 days before the event.
- Signs will be retrieved no later than three days after the event.
- Signs may not be affixed to utility poles or other fixtures in the right of way.