Dixie Berryhill Drinking Water Project
- Project typeWater
- Project budgetTo be determined
- Project phaseCurrent Status: Construction
Charlotte Water (CLTWater) will extend drinking water pipes along Dixie River road from 5900 block of Dixie River Rd to Sadler Road.
- Construction start: Spring 2023
- Construction completion: Summer 2024
- Normal work hours: 7:00 am – 7:00 pm, Monday through Friday.
- The contractor will work nights and weekends only as needed.
- Staff will notify affected customers of planned water outages 72-hours in advance.
- Any unplanned water outages are considered emergencies and will be repaired as soon as possible.
- Construction may cause temporary cloudy, discolored water, or lower than usual pressure. If you experience this, please run cold water for up to 15 minutes. If water doesn't clear, please call 311 and say or select 'water emergency' for assistance.
- Lane closures may be required daily in coordination with CDOT.
- CLTWater works with CDOT and NCDOT to minimize traffic disruption. CDOT permitted road closures are posted on the CDOT's website.
- Updates will be posted on this website and Nextdoor.
- Extend drinking water pipes to serve the area.
- Property owners will be notified in advance.