Representing a cooperative effort between Mecklenburg County and the City of Charlotte, this program offers an overview of Erosion and Sedimentation Control Best Management Practices (BMPs) and the self-inspection requirements as dictated by the NCGO1 permit and local ordinance. Upon completion, an optional certification test will be administered for those interested in becoming a certified Charlotte-Mecklenburg Certified Site Inspector.
- How high-quality surface waters improve our community
- Sediment and turbidity surface water quality impacts
- Soil erosion and sedimentation control principles
- Conventional and innovative Best Management Practices (BMP) installation and maintenance
- Problem identification and developing proactive strategies
- Local ordinances and State regulations
- Erosion control self-inspection logbook maintenance
How do I become certified?
To become certified, complete the online Charlotte-Mecklenburg Certified Site Inspector seminar and pass the test. The online class can take up to 5 hours to complete. You will be notified of your test result by email. Please allow up to 2 weeks to receive your results.
How can I check my CMCSI status?
- Change the Tab from HOME to CMCSI.
- In APPLICANT NAME you will search each applicant using first or last name.
You must enter it using (%NAME)
i.e., %FIRST or LAST NAME for yourself
- You will click on the record that matches your search results. This is only the case if there are multiple people with the same first or last name, otherwise it will skip this step.
3. Click RECORD INFO and select ATTACHMENTS
4. You can view/download the certificate there.