The city’s annual budget is based on a July 1 – June 30 fiscal year and is guided by the following five City Council adopted Strategic Priorities.
Each Strategic Priority contains policy initiatives driven by the needs of the community and the organization. The budget process is used to assess and allocate resources to achieve optimal service delivery and advance progress in achievement of the Strategic Priorities. The operating and capital budgets are developed in two phases:
Phase 1 (January – April)
Budget policy development, which is composed of the following:
- City Council engagement regarding policy direction.
- Department services review.
- Staff engagement on performance management activities.
Phase 2 (May – June)
Budget deliberations and adoption, which are composed of the following:
- A presentation of the City Manager's Proposed Budget to the Mayor and City Council.
- Community engagement and feedback through the Public Hearing process.
- City Council adoption of the budget by June 30.