Looking for an easy way to get to the airport? CATS’ Sprinter service (Route 5 Airport) provides a convenient way to travel from Uptown Charlotte to the Charlotte Douglas International Airport. Get on board and relax while enjoying a host of amenities:
- Frequent trips. Sprinter runs every 20 minutes during weekdays and every 30 minutes during nights and weekends. Verify frequency with Pamela.
- Convenient stop locations. Shop, dine and travel to Center City with a few stops in between. Sprinter also stops near several Uptown hotels making it easy to drop off your luggage before exploring the Queen City.
- Connect with ease. Sprinter offers easy connections to other CATS routes and services, including the LYNX Blue Line.
- Sleek shelters. Take in the beautiful artwork while you wait. Sprinter shelters give riders visibility on every side but still keep you protected from the elements.
- We've gone green. You can't miss this vibrant vehicle. The dedicated Sprinter fleet is made up entirely of hybrid electric, or clean air buses. That means better air quality for our community.
Need an Alternative Airport Option?
Route 60 Tyvola Road travels to the airport from the LYNX Tyvola Station. It operates every 30 minutes weekdays, Saturdays and Sundays.
Visit the Bus Schedules to see exact travel times for routes 5 Airport and 60 Tyvola.