Report a Crime Online
You can file some reports online through the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department's online reporting platform. This page lets you submit a police report now and print a copy of the report for free. Please turn off your pop-up blocking software before you file a report. Filing a false police report is a crime. If this is an Emergency please call 911.
How to report a crime online
(Note: You must provide an email address to report a crime online)
What happens after you file a crime report online
- This message will appear on your computer: "Your report has been submitted".
- You will be given a temporary report number.
- You will be able to print a copy of the temporary police report to keep for your records.
- To provide additional information about a previously submitted report, call 311 and ask for the CMPD Non-Emergency Police Services. If you are calling 311 from outside Mecklenburg County, dial 704-336-7600.
- For Harassing Phone Calls
- After you submit your report, contact your phone service provider using the contact information provided in your billing statement.
- Give your provider the Report Number and follow their instructions.
- If you continue to receive calls, keep track of:
- The number of calls you receive. Note: You do not need to report the date and time of the calls.
- The phone number they are from (if you have caller ID)
To report any of these crimes by phone
Call 311 and a representative will connect you to the CMPD Non-Emergency Police Services. If you are calling from outside Mecklenburg County, call 704-336-7600.