EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY: Due to pending litigation against the City concerning the Federal Driver’s Privacy Protection Act, all requests for DMV-349 accident reports should be directed to the NC DMV.
The Police Records Division, located at Police Headquarters, 601 E. Trade Street, handles public requests for reports. Crime Reports are available at no charge either online or in person. Crash Reports are free of charge if you visit any division office or Police Headquarters counters and cost $6.00 if you would like to access it through the online system.
The majority of requests are traffic accident (Crash) reports, or incident (Crime) reports. Crime Reports include all reports taken by the police department, in person or by telephone, other than a traffic accident.
Incident Reports (Crime Reports)
Incident reports (Crime Reports) are available at no charge:
- By going to CMPD.org and clicking on Crime Reports then following the instructions on the website.
- At the Records Division located in the lobby of Police Headquarters, 601 E. Trade Street. Hours are Monday-Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- At any Division Office for the police department. Hours are Monday-Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Local Arrest History Reports
- Local Arrest Histories are no longer provided by the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department Records Division or the West Service Area.
- All requests for arrest history information should be referred to the Clerk of Court at 832 E. Fourth Street where the fee for the search is $25.00 in cash, certified checks, or money order. No personal checks are accepted.
Calls for Service
- These are requests for information about police response to a particular address or for an area surrounding an address, for a specific period of time.
- The Records Division provides Calls for Service reports for one address for the preceding (3) three-month period.
- For information regarding crime for areas surrounding an address please refer to the Crime Mapping section of this website.