Closures will not be allowed during certain times of the day due to traffic congestion. In the Central Business District (CBD), these hours are between 7 a.m.-9 a.m., 11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m. and 4 p.m.-6 p.m. Outside the CBD, these hours are between 7 a.m.-9 a.m. and 4 p.m.-6:30 p.m. Requestor is solely responsible for proper traffic control setup and removal.
Right of Way Use Permit Request Requirements
Permit requests should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org at least 24 hours in advance and contain the following information:
- Requestor contact information (name, address, phone number, email address, etc.).
- Proposed date(s) and time(s) for the work to be performed.
- Type of work to be performed including a full description of the scope of work and reasoning for the closure.
- Location where the work will be performed (street address or street segments).
- Specify which traffic control diagrams from the Work Area Traffic Control Handbook (WATCH) will be used.
The ROW Use Permit, if granted, will be returned by email to the requestor and copies must be displayed on the dashboard of all vehicles working in the permit area. CDOT reserves the right to alter closure plans to minimize impacts to the traveling public.
View a printable ROW Permit Program brochure here.