May 3, 2023
Road Closure Notice Update – North Davidson Street/East 27th Street
- Installation of the new box culvert requires that a portion of a critical water main be replaced. Storm Water Services is closely coordinating this water main replacement with multiple active Charlotte Water projects. To ensure availability of water service for residents and businesses in the project area, the North Davidson Street and East 27th Street intersection closure has been extended.
- To date, approximately 55 feet of 14-foot-wide box culvert has been installed.
- As construction progresses into mid-2023, the intersection will partially reopen with a single lane closure along North Davidson Street. Please note a portion of East 27th Street will remain closed for the duration of the project.
We recognize construction is disruptive and appreciate the public’s patience as we make improvements to benefit our community.
- Access to businesses and residences in the area will be maintained throughout the duration of the project.
- Detour signage is in place to assist motorists. Please use the Charlotte Department of Transportation’s interactive street closure map or the Waze application to help plan your route.
- Detour Information:
- Outbound: North Davidson Street to Parkwood Avenue to North Brevard Street to Jordan Place to North Davidson Street
- Inbound: North Davidson Street to Jordan Place to North Brevard Street to Parkwood Avenue to North Davidson Street