Amplified Sound


CMPD Field Services Division, 704.432.0428

Sound magnified through any amplification device (speakers, microphone, bullhorn, etc.) is considered amplified sound and is regulated through the City’s Noise Ordinance (Section 15-64). The Noise Ordinance outlines specific levels of amplified sound allowed depending on the location and time of the event.

Events receiving a Public Assembly or Parade Permit do not need to apply for additional permits for amplified sound.

Noise permits are required for any amplified sound on the city-owned right-of-way when not in conjunction with a public assembly or parade permit. Noise permits for private property are dependent on the location and decibel level.

City/County Noise Ordinance Information and Amplified Sound Permit Applications