- This fall, the team will prepare for construction on the N Sharon Amity-McMullen Way section of the project. Contractors may be working on or near residential properties on one or more occasions throughout the remainder of the year. If the team determines that the project will have any direct impact to a property, the occupant will be notified directly.
In addition to onsite personnel, residents in the area should expect the following:
- Staging of traffic control devices, pipes, safety equipment, and large digging equipment for water main construction
- Soft digging to locate underground utilities
- Traffic impacts, including lane closures on N Sharon Amity Rd. during construction (specific details on road closures and detours will be provided prior to work)
- Starting the week of August 7th, Charlotte Water (CLTWater) will be working along N. Sharon Amity and Craig Ave. as they continue construction on the project. During this phase of construction, N. Sharon Amity Road will be reduced to two lanes near the Craig Avenue intersection. This work is expected to last a couple of months.
- Residents are advised to avoid the area if possible. Please continue to observe traffic control measures and take safety precautions while traveling in the area.
This month, the Idlewild Rd Water Supply Project team will begin construction to install a new water main along Craig Avenue in Cotswold. To complete this work, a road closure will be put in place along Craig Avenue on February 20, 2023 and will remain in place until December 2023. A detour route will be available and local access will be maintained during this time.
Water service outages may occur during construction. If water outages do occur, the public can anticipate those to take place Monday—Friday, 9 am—4 pm and should not last longer than 7 hours. If a scheduled interruption is expected, residents will be notified in advance.
This project is part of a wider initiative in the greater Idlewild area to enhance drinking water reliability and to ensure ongoing service for customers.